First Presbyterian Church of Magnolia
In 1884, a small group of Magnolia Presbyterians met to discuss the possibilities of organizing a church in Magnolia. It was not until 1907 that the church began perceptible grown. On January 20th of that year, a meeting of the Session was called, followed by a called congregational meeting on February 6th. At that meeting 3 trustees were elected and authorized to purchase a lot for $500 on which the church would be built. By the end of 1907, the church was debt-free. Renovations were done to the church in 1930 and the church membership doubled. In 1954 the church began a fund-raising campaign to build a new church plant and the plot of land of the present location was purchased. By 1956, the new building was almost completely occupied. The fellowship hall was added in 1959, and a second wing of seven classrooms was built in 1967. On October 27, 2013, groundbreaking was held for a bell tower. On May 18, 2014, the Dedication of the Lacy Bell Tower was held during the morning worship.